Thursday, February 28, 2013

Three Wishes

30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me #6:

If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?

#1: Good health for all my family and friends. It's one of those things I didn't used to think about. But as I get older, I know more and more people, even my own age or younger, who have had cancer, struggled with diabetes, or whose precious little babies and children have been born with unimaginable & difficult conditions. I am beyond thankful for my family's current good health, and that my friends who have dealt with, or are dealing with, painful or scary diagnoses are getting the treatment they need. But one of my wishes would be the guarantee that those I love most would be healthy until the day they are done here.

#2: To be able to travel as often as I want, to any place I want, without cost being an issue. We travel a whole lot more than some, but when Jon and I discuss our wish list for future trips, I find myself wondering how we will fit it all into these short, fragile lives we live. A quote I found a while ago that describes my wanderlust perfectly: "I am in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met." Another one, describing my thoughts on prioritizing travel into our budget: "Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer."

#3: This one's silly, but it is on every woman's wish list. To eat whatever the hell I want while still fitting into my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment